What we do
Our principal approach in representing hi-tech and software companies is to focus on creative solutions and innovative legal strategies without sacrificing the quality and professionalism of our advice. Hence, we are tuned to our clients’ need to minimize their legal risks while enabling the companies to take advantage of business opportunities in financial and consumer markets.
When a tech company seeks to hire a legal advisor, a legitimate question arises: so what can you do for my business? Below is an abridged list of types of transactions and issues in which we have significant hands-on experience. Also, such list may also serve you as a roadmap of the issues that your business endeavor may still need to address.
- advising on the structure, formation and financing of business entities, including corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies;
- negotiating licensing, sublicensing, bundling, distribution and marketing agreements in the context of both domestic and international transactions;
- advising on trademark and copyrights issues, including appropriate filings;
- copyrights and trademark disputes and litigation;
- corporate disputes and contract litigation;
- negotiating technology transfer agreements, including complex cross-border technology transfers and assignments, non-disclosure agreements, offshore software development, R&D agreements and outsourcing;
- advising technology clients on mergers and acquisitions, including assets and stock purchase agreements, related documentation and due diligence;
- counseling on creating and maintaining appropriate internal corporate policies, including drafting executive employment agreements, employee proprietary information, confidentiality, inventions, and non-competition agreement;
- negotiating debt and equity financing agreements and related documentation;
- accommodating the shareholders' and partners' concerns on such challenging issues as corporate governance, shareholder agreements, minority shareholders issues, resolution of disputes, non-competition, non-circumvention and exclusive dealing arrangements, termination rights and exit strategies;
- registration of copyrights, trademarks and patents.